Welcome! :) As those of you that follow Pumpkin Hollow Primitives know, I am an avid garage saler, thrift shopper, and flea market attendee. My passion to collect anything and everything has created a lot of inventory in my house and on my basement shelves. Since my best times are spent flea marketing, I decided to create a flea market site to sell all the excess "great deals" that I just couldn't pass up! LOL There will also be handcrafted items created by myself and my son. Items will be added to weekly, and I will gladly hold items to combine shipping. Just drop me an email if there is an item that you are interested in purchasing. Since there will be additional postings of similar items, I will create a list of particular item groupings on the sidebar to make finding a treasure easier. So... grab a cup of coffee (in my case tea!), sit back, and browse the deals... thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Naughty or Nice Hand Painted Vintage Christmas Sled

Sled's are a tough items to guess the shipping on, so I have decided to list most of them on my selling blog instead of Etsy.  There is a Santa sled that will be making it's arrival soon so check back for updates! ;)

This sled is entitled "Naughty or Nice?".  The design was created by tole artist Shirley Wilson.  The vintage sled stands approximately 41 1/2 inches tall.  The wooden seat of the sled is approximately 25 1/2 inches tall with the painting of the bear in the stocking measuring 16 inches tall.  The photo below represents the colors of the sled most accurately.   




Here is a close up of this little girl!  The reds in the background are photographing brighter than actual color, due to the flash.  See photo above. :)




The teddy bear and stocking are painted with a dry brush and pouncing technique on one side of the wooden seat, leaving the back side as exposed vintage wood.  The painted surfaces are sealed with two coats of matte sealer.  The chrome is left in its "as found" state with some of the shine gone (see pic), along with the red runners and original rope (How cool is that?).



This sled would look great with some pine bough limbs, but I will leave that up to the new owner! ;)



The price for the "Naughty or Nice" sled is $115.00 + Shipping.  :)

** If you have your own personal vintage sled that you would like to have me paint on or a favorite subject that you would like to have one decorated with,  email for a price quote.  :)

No comments: